Funds wait for Mela victims

http://www.telegraphindia.com

Kalimpong, April 13: Exactly a year ago they had lost their relatives at the Mela ground when a fire tender killed three and injured three others in a berserk run.

Even today, they are waiting for the compensation promised by politicians and the authorities.

Ganga Baraily (23), Salima Begum and Masima Chhetri (75) were killed by the fire tender that had been called in to spray water to keep the dust down at the Mela ground where a programme was held to celebrate the Nepali New Year. Mohit, who lost his wife in the accident, said he had written to the fire services directorate asking for a job, but to no avail.

The GNLF branch committee secretary, Dawa Pakhrin, said: “The compensation we had claimed has been accepted by the fire services department. It should be through once the elections are over.”
Top

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s